FortiGate Firewall Configuration Backup and Restore procedure Firmware V3.0:
Do the following tasks to take FortiGate firewall backup.
- Connect the firewall through browser.
- Login to the firewall (Enter User name & Password) (see Figure-1)
3. After logging in, click on System –>Maintenance –>Backup & Restore on the left hand side of the window (see Figure-2).
4. FortiGate firewall configuration can be saved to management computer, a central Mangement station or to a USB stick, if the FortiGate supports a USB stick.
5. The central management station is referred to remote management service the FortiGate unit is connected to. For example, if the current configuration on a FortiGate-60 is backed up to a FortiManager unit, the central management station would be the FortiManager unit.
USB Disk – displays if the FortiGate unit supports USB disks. This option is grayed out if no USB disks are connected.
6. Select to encrypt the backup file. Encryption must be enabled to save VPN certificates with the configuration. This option is not available for FortiManager backup option.
Enter a password to encrypt the configuration file. You will need this password while restoring the configuration file. Confirm Enter the password again to confirm the password.
NOTE:If the password is forgotten, there is no way to use the file.
Enter the name of the backup file or select Browse to locate the file. The File name field is only available when the USB drive is connected.
7. Restore – provides the ability to restore the firewall configuration file.
8. Use the “choose file” button if you are restoring the configuration file from the management computer.
Select the configuration file name from the browse list if you are restoring the configuration file from the USB disk.
9. Enter the password, you entered when backing up the configuration file.